Thursday, August 24, 2017

Mourning Summer

This striped peacock tee reminds me of being pregnant with Carson, because that same Summer I found a striped giraffe tee and striped camel tee at Kohl's as well! Also, I found this comfy striped wrap at the same time. Ahhh, no I am not pregnant nor do I plan to be. Anyway, I really liked mixing these contrasting stripes to add some interest to a somewhat basic outfit. 

I like the tie sleeve detail for some interest as well!
I feel like I am already mourning Summer.... School started again yesterday and there has been a chill in the air (especially at night). I know we will still have some beautiful days, and even though we had a fun packed Summer, it always seems there are things I am still longing to do. Some of the things on this list (not all), I will just plain say, are difficult to do with young children in tow. I know it will get easier, but for now here is my list of what I feel I am missing about Summer:
1. Garage / Estate Sales: it's hard to get kids in and out of the car over and over again, especially when you have to park on the side of busy roads. Plus, they will want you to buy them something at every stop.
 
2. Local Outdoor Concerts: When we lived in Battle Creek, we were really good about going to the weekly Friday night music in the park even with a baby Richard. Chelsea has something similar on Thursday nights but we have yet to go. Hard to get back out the door with kids on a weeknight after working all day!
 
3. Eating Outside: either at home or restaurant

4. Farmer's Markets: I've gone to our local one a few times this year. Even though I don't buy much (because we do Blue Apron and it seems anything else I buy we don't use up before it goes bad) I still love seeing/buying fresh flowers and handmade items (like baked goods, jams, etc....). And, I just love the atmosphere!
Is there anything you are "missing" this Summer?
Sonoma Peacock Graphic Tee : Kohl's
Striped Wrap : Meijer (old)
High Rise Jeans : American Eagle (old)
Candies Sandals : Kohl's (old)


No comments: