Saturday, September 16, 2017

Crazy Crochet

So, Jon is away for the weekend racing. I had some moderate plans with the boys, nothing too stressful since we haven't had the best track record lately. Saturday morning we had to run to the Boy Scout store in Ypsilanti (Ann Arbor area) since Richard joined scouts and we needed to get him his shirt, patches, book, etc.... Maybe make a few stops on the way home and grab lunch. Sunday morning I had invited my friend and her son over for a visit/play date. Richard went to bed last night completely fine..... and then woke up this morning not feeling well. My Mom instincts knew he had strep throat, and just like that your plans completely change. Luckily, our pediatrician has Saturday hours so I got him in right away and got meds. Our doctor is in Chelsea which is on the way to the Boy Scout store, which we still had to get to. We were able to get the prescription filled at the Meijer in Ann Arbor so I wouldn't have to double back to Jackson. The clerk at the Scout store was so helpful in finding us exactly what we needed quickly. We stopped at Meijer and suddenly, the road to get back onto 94 was completely blocked off by police. I couldn't tell if it was an accident or impromptu construction..... but, why not, right? I had to take the back roads (what would we do without our phones) to get to the next on ramp. Ann Arbor, I love you, but eff your traffic!!!
So the rest of weekend, we'll just be relaxing.... bummed we had to cancel our play date (yes, it's just as important to the Moms as it is to the kids). I am catching up on a bunch of stuff, including blogging. I've had this outfit in the queue for quite some time. I am a serious lover of handmade (or handmade looking) knits, especially the granny square pattern. I just can't resist. You can see a post here I did a couple of years ago that rounded up my collection (links within that post to each individual outfit). 
When I saw this cropped number at Anthropologie, I couldn't help but love it. It's by a Brazilian brand called Farm Rio. Here is what Anthro describes:
 
What began as a handful of goods at a local fashion fair booth has grown into one of Brazil's most recognizable labels for sun-soaked dressing. With vibrant colors, bold silhouettes and feminine details embedded in every design, Farm Rio's cheerful creations are crafted with an exotic, toes-in-the-sand spirit that's simultaneously fashion-forward and vintage-inspired.
I love knowing the background of this brand and am thrilled Anthro is carrying it as it is not widely  available in the US yet. I took the simple route here by layering it over a black dress, but I need to experiment with some other outfits. 
Farm Rio "Crocheted and Cropped Pullover" : Anthropologie
J. Crew Dress : consignment shop
Latigo sandals : Anthropologie
Tahari Sunglasses : TJ Maxx



No comments: