Sunday, November 5, 2017

The Replacements

Sandal season ran late this year (I was sporting open toes just 2 weeks ago)! This Summer was the third year that I've been wearing my all time favorite Payless sandals (pictured below) and sadly they are on their last legs (no pun intended). They might not look so bad from afar, but the soles are all cracked and falling apart. I wish I would have bought more than one pair, but I didn't know I would love them so much. They are the Dexflex brand, "Val" style name. I keep scouring sites like eBay and Poshmark, but until I find them I've found some pretty close replacements below.
Pictured from left to right, first row to second row, are:
1. Soda "Heylie" purchased at Younkers
2. Fioni "Princess" purchased at Payless
3. Naturalizer "Adele" purchased at Famous Footwear
4. Rampage "Tera" purchased at Meijer

First up is Soda "Heylie". The color of these is probably the closest to my Payless ones. What is it about that warm brown that seems to go with everything? Notice how the addition of the ankle strap changes the look. The style and placement of everything on the Payless ones always seemed to elongate my legs.......
Second, I was exited to see Payless carrying pretty much the same style this year - this Fioni "Princess". Oh man, they are almost the same!!! Good brown color, but the straps are thinner and they are not as comfy.
Even though the Naturalizer "Adele" didn't come in my beloved brown color, I thought the taupe would go with a lot. I like them, but they just don't come close enough.
I don't have a picture of them on, and I couldn't find a stock photo of the brown that I got, but the Rampage "Tera" sandals were only $10 at Meijer! How could I pass that up? The heel is open in these though, where as you can see the others are covered. Suddenly, I am not a fan of my heels being seen - isn't that weird how we focus on odd body parts that others might not notice?
 
Overall, I think all these options were under $30. I guess I have the long cold Winter now to continue my search!

No comments: